Stringer Pallet Repair Person
Pallets to be repaired are CONVEYED to the repair person then manually slid off conveyor onto repair table for inspection and repair. Once complete pallet is slid or repair table to outfeed conveyor taking pallet to stacker. When inspecting the repair person will hammer or cut any protruding nails, pry off broken boards, and replace with a new PRECUT board onto the pallet, and place companion stringer or plug when necessary. THIS POSITION REQUIRES LESS LIFTING THAN THE NORMAL PALLET REPAIR JOB. The pay includes a base pay with an attractive production incentive. Online Application.
High school diploma or equivalent NOT required
General Duties and Requirements:
- Operate a pneumatic nail gun
- Use a hammer, pry bar, and hand-held grinder
- Read a Tape Measure
- Wearing of personal protection equipment
- Be able to lift 60 - 75lbs when necessary
- Work first shift 7am to 3:30 pm.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area (at the end of the shift all repair persons are required to completely clean up the on and around the production line
- Follow all safety rules and company guidelines
- Other Duties and Requirements
- The average hourly pay (inclusive of attendance bonus, base hourly rate, and incentive bonus) $17.50 and $20.00 per hour.
- Repair person will generally average repairing, once at full speed, 350 to 400 pallets per day
- Full 8-week training program for quality and a ramp up plan to meet quantity standards
- PLUS: Signage and Training Bonus will apply