Plant Production Manager
Our pallet and recycled waste stream management company is searching for a highly qualified, hands on, Plant Production Manager. The Plant Production Manager is the plant operations leader showcasing our company core values: Continuous Improvement, Ownership of Actions, Respect, and Exceptional Service in all they do.
This role is responsible for ensuring that the plant operations team is actively engaged to meet daily customer demand and production schedule. The Plant Manager provides effective training and development to the team and ensures that housekeeping, safety, productivity, and quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Planning and meeting daily production goals
- Planning human resource requirements
- Planning material resource requirements
- Improving product quality and safety throughout the facility
- Enforcing policies/procedures and safety regulations
- Maintaining engagement within the operations team
- Estimate production costs
- Manage and adhere to plant production budgets
- Implement cost control programs
- Drive continuous improvement in the production process
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to
- Prepare and maintain production reports
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including sales, maintenance, transportation, warehouse operations and company leadership
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing and leading people in an industrial manufacturing environment including managing production and employees, scheduling, training, meeting deadlines and project schedules.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Degree in Manufacturing or other Operational field strongly preferred.
- Continuous Improvement and 2 Second Lean experience preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive needed to work effectively within a fast-growing company;
- Hands-on with a high sense of integrity, sound judgment and sense of urgency.
- Proven supervisory experience including coaching, training and development of team to achieve results.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- A motivated self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication (oral, written and interpersonal) skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment safety.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, have the ability to read & write, be punctual, generally like building or creating things and be able to multi-task.
- Manufacturing environment.
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- life insurance
- 401(k), 7 paid holidays, and PTO (paid time off)
- PLM Companies is a drug free workplace, and equal opportunity employer