Territory Sales Representative
The Territory Sales Representative manages the business and customer relationships to ensure existing business is optimized and new business is developed and implemented wherever possible. The Sales Representative is expected to represent the company in these areas by building and sustaining solid and professional business relationships; assisting in overall marketing, growth, and development of the business.
The Territory Sales Representative is focused on new business to business account development as well as developing current accounts assigned. Responsibilities include prospecting, cold calling, setting appointments with prospects, account penetration within an assigned territory, presenting programs and meeting a sales quota. PLM Companies will also provide a thorough sales training program, including product knowledge, mentorship, sales process and business development strategies. Key responsibilities are generating profitable revenue, and meeting sales targets, developing and qualifying leads within respective territory to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling and lead generation.
- Utilize Solution Selling Sales process to uncover pain and sell value solutions in a defined geographic territory
- Responsibilities include prospecting, cold calling and setting appointments with prospects and existing customers. Meeting or exceeding annual growth goals by presenting value propositions and closing business. Drive additional sales opportunities through referrals and lead generation activities.
Goal is 8 customer meetings and 8 prospective meetings per week in effort to meet or exceed the sales revenue goals. Minimum of 3 days a week in the field meeting with customers and prospects on scheduled appointments and two office days setting appointments, administrative support, CRM data, etc.
- Utilize a minimum of two Phone Blocking sessions per week to set up the customer and prospective meeting requirements a week in advance.
Utilize the CRM to capture all data including activities, quotes, marketing campaign tracking, pipeline management, etc.
Accurately forecast sales and use good pipeline management skills to maintain a full pipeline of viable opportunities that produce repeatable results including booked revenue and high probability proposals. Produce proposals and/or quotes to qualified opportunities in excess of budget requirements
- Primary segments:
- Existing Business
- Expand relationship beyond a single point of contact. Utilize the “5 Wide - 5 Deep” concept for ring fencing a customer
- Grow wallet share by introducing the value of PLM, new products, and services that will provide profitable and sustainable revenue
- New Business
- Grow market share by targeting and engaging qualified prospects in our Solution Selling Sales process
- Grow market share by leveraging cross selling opportunities
- Grow market share utilizing referrals and other sales techniques to identify new business for PLM
Utilize marketing and social media to promote equipment, products, and services to customers and prospects
- Effectively communicate customer needs to all applicable internal resources in an effort to provide world class customer service.
Adhere to all policies, procedures, and core values so that PLM Companies needs are meet and the customer has a desirable experience
- Plan and organize weekly and monthly activities to maximize the return on time management for the territory and supports all customer’s needs.
- Participate in one-hour group sales meeting each Monday and take manager to meet customers, meet with manager for review of KPI’s, sales strategies, etc.
- Complete Solution Selling training program and ongoing sales training
- 5 Years outside sales territory management
- Proven ability to meet/exceed sales goals
- Business to business (B2B) sales experience
- Valid Driver’s License, Insurance, Etc.
- High School Diploma
- Proven results utilizing a solution selling methodology
- Results oriented, goal driven and self-motivated
- Positive outlook enjoys selling and being part of a growing organization
- Self-starter that has a strong desire to achieve sales goals
- Ability to follow a proven sales process.
- Utilize Pre-Call planning
- Utilize phone skills, electronic communications (email, social media, etc.) to set up appointments with targeted prospects
- Utilize solution selling process to identify customer pain and propose viable solutions to the customer
- Plan and organize weekly and monthly activities to maximizing the return on time investment for the territory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow policies and procedures to effectively communicate customer needs to all applicable internal resources in an effort to provide world class customer service
- Ability to plan and organize weekly and monthly activities to maximizing the return on time investment for the territory